STUDY IN MALAYSIA
Choose to study in Malaysia and you’ll discover that the country’s natural beauty extends way beyond its ancient rainforests, national parks and glorious beaches. In the cities too, there’s plenty to keep all the senses occupied, from colorful and varied markets to the mosques, Buddhist temples and Hindu shrines that are often found side by side, and the profusion of annual festivals celebrating both traditional and modern aspects of Malaysian culture.
Why destination Malaysia?
Time and again it has been mentioned that slowly but steadily Malaysia is gaining popularity amongst international students . It is one of Asia’s top education destination. One of the most interesting facts about the Malaysian education system is that the government of Malaysia provides free primary and secondary level educations summing upto 11 years for each student . Following is an attempt to summarize the reasons for the growing popularity of Malaysia as an Education Destination amongst international students
1. High Quality education system and standards : The Malaysian government is putting its best foot forward in making the higher education system at par with the international standards .It has the vision to make Malaysia a “Center of Excellence for higher education “ .
The Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) that comes under the purview of the Ministry of Higher Education , monitors and oversees the quality assurance practices and accreditation of national higher education.
2. Obtaining foreign qualifications at a much lower cost : It’s a great advantage to study in Malaysia as both domestic and international students can get foreign degree qualifications from universities of US, UK, Australia and Canada through twinning and 3+0 degrees as well as study centers and campuses of foreign universities already present at Malaysia. Some of the foreign campuses in Malaysia are :
- i. The University of Nottingham
- ii. Curtin University
- iii. Newcastle University
- iv. University of Southampton
- v. Monash University
- vi. Swinburne University of Technology
3. Enviable Lifestyle : Malaysia is one of the fastest developing nations amongst the Asian countries . A super industrialized economy that has left its counterparts far behind also aptly describes Malaysia. The infrastructure of Malaysia has the most advanced state of the are health care and medical facilities , world class university campuses , advanced telecommunications network and the best expressway network in the south east of Asia . So who can beat this experience.
4. Education and Living @ Lower cost : Compared to countries like UK , US , Australia and Canada, the Cost of living in Malaysia is much economical as the Malaysian currency conversion is advantageous . A comparison chart will give a much better picture :
|COUNTRY||TUITION FEES (ANNUALLY)||LIVING COSTS (ANNUALLY)||TOTAL EDUCATION COST (PER ANNUM)|
|Malaysia||USD 5,000||USD 4,000||USD 9,000|
|Australia||USD 15,000||USD 10,500||USD 25,500|
|USA||USD 18,000||USD 13,000||USD 31,000|
|United Kingdom||USD 15,000||USD 12,000||USD 27,000|
|Canada||USD 13,000||USD 8,500||USD 21,500|
5. The country needs skilled graduates : Malaysian economy is on a roller coaster ride and owing to its growing economy , this country needs a lot of skilled workers . Oil , Natural gas and Commodities industry makes up a sizeable part of the GDP and hence there is a huge demand of graduates in accounting , computer science and bio technology sectors . International students can take full opportunity of this scenario and make the best of it.
6. Easy Immigration procedure : Malaysia has a relatively easier and stress free immigration procedure in contrast to countries which follow a stricter regimen . International students find it much convenient to undergo Malaysian Immigration procedure.
7. Comfortable and Safe living : As per a recent survey , Malaysia is one of the safest country to live in . High political stability , relatively low crime rate and lesser probability of occurrence of natural disasters makes Malaysia a very desirable country amongst the international students . The weather of Malaysia is also very pleasing. Its neither too hot or humid nor too windy and chilly . Its sunny or rainy the whole year so one doesn’t need to face the harshness of nature , making their stay a truly enjoyable one .
8. A travelers paradies : Malaysia is marked by stupendous and picturesque natural beauty . Its naturally endowed with scenic beauties ranging from Cameron highlands , Perhentian islands ,national park- Taman Negara to modern amenities like Airbridge at Langkawi island and Sepang F1 race circuit .